Research responsibilities are likely to include:
- Data collection
- Data entry and coding
- Literature searches and reviews
- Help writing grants
- Running basic statistical analyses
- GIS mapping tasks
- Please send an email noting your interest along with you resume to John Hipp. You will be notified when positions become available.
- Interest in researching the social ecology of crime and learning about the space-crime nexus
- Enthusiasm, motivation, and dedication!
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to make a commitment of one year (including the summer)
Hours Required per Week:
- 5 hour minimum
- Initially, this is not a paid position. When paid positions do become available, they are offered to volunteer research assistants who have excelled in their work. In general, there are several available options for compensation:
- Course credit
- A letter of recommendation
- Potential advancement to managerial and paid positions
- Hours completed and the quality of performance.